Thursday, May 21, 2020

LIVE and learn

Hey there, crafty peeps and amazing supporters!

It's been an eventful week over here! However, I have not crafted A SINGLE THING all week!! Well, not since the LIVE video of that awesome Patriotic Door Hanger on Saturday!  THAT was quite the adventure!! For my first LIVE, it wasn't terrible.   Well, it was terrible...but it wasn't THAT terrible.

What am I saying....GUYS!! It was so long!!!  The first 2 hours, 12 minutes and 45 seconds was good, until my router took a poo and I had to restart the video!  There were a 8 people who joined me, not all of whom made it through the entirety of the 3 hour and 31 minute project. Slackers. I kid!!!!! I was so happy to see anyone watching!  Preparing myself ahead of time for the limited audience, fails, challenges and sheer entertainment factor made for an interesting week prior to launch!

I knew I would talk too much...I always do. I knew I would be clumsy, I always am.  And I knew there would be hiccups along the way! It was my first live crafting video, so anything short of massive hilarity just wasn't in the anticipation cards. Apparently I made a lot of funny sounds and faces...


Oh my gosh, guys.  I learned sooooooo much about myself when I watched the replay.  We won't talk about how many times I watched it....but let's just say, I am pretty stinkin' funny!! Maybe I should try some stand up....or not...


Aside from my adorable pig tails.....look, ok...I have a lot of hair. I knew my face would be down most of the time and I really can't stand my hair touching my face...it makes me crazy.  It also makes me feel like it may come to life, wrap around my head and make it severely impossible to breathe, hence suffocating me until I die. 💀

Dramatic, huh? Well that's how I feel. So...pigtails. Cute, right?

As I was saying, aside from my adorable pigtails...how could you guys even comprehend what I was saying at that pace??? Holy speed-mouth!! How was THAT not suffocating me?? I seriously should've considered being an auctioneer. That was kind of ridiculous. Ok, Sambo....slooooowwww dooooowwwwnnnnnnnnnnn.

So next time...I will take more time to make my pony tails even...slow it down to a comprehensive speed of dialog, do a little prep work in advance to cut some time off the length of the LIVE and organize a little better.  I'm so glad my first live was a small audience of people who I can take constructive criticism from.  I loved doing this live! And I wasn't kidding when I said I could do that for HOURS!!!  All week, I've gone through the motions of work, dinner, clean up, kids and I have wanted so badly to squeeze in some crafting time.  I need to make more lists so I can fit it ALL into my busy day!!! I'm having craft withdrawals!!!

I'm braving the elements AND our rabid society and going to the Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby and Walmart this weekend....probably tomorrow.  I am heavily armed with a mask and multiple bottles of hand sanitizer...I'll be ok! Promise!!! But I need to find some photo corners, napkins with cute blue designs and Mod Podge sealer spray.  And if I happen to be lucky enough to find ANYTHING else interesting at any of those stores, I'm sure my 'resist the urge to purchase' button will malfunction.  But I'll try. Wish me luck!

As the 3-day holiday weekend looms in the distance (I'm fully aware it starts tomorrow but to me that seems soooooo far away!), I'll leave you with this.  Project number two...multimedia canvas photo frame. Head on over to my Facebook group for more details! Sambo's Crafts

Thank you for supporting me and following my crafty adventures!! I can't wait until next time!!

Have a wonderful MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment