Friday, May 8, 2020

Oh my stars!

Oh my STARS! ⭐

Hello friends!! I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well. What has everyone been up to this week??? I went back to work so I have a busy weekend ahead, catching up on laundry for the week, cleaning up my house AND....getting ready for next week!! I ordered some supplies necessary to attempt my first video and with the state of our current lives (thank you, Rona) delivery is the end of next week!! I have been biting my nails all week!! Literally. This virus has me a little worried about my appearance as of late with these crazy looking nails, hair and extra baggage. I know I'm not alone so I won't complain too much....but mums the word if you watch and i'm looking like ten tons of trash, m'kay?!

I've been brainstorming a little, trying to come up with something interesting for my first video.  I'm a little nervous still but I think I'm going to go with something patriotic, summery and fun.  I have some left over wood that my dad cut for me many years ago and I'm hoping it cooperates with me and my crazy ideas.  I need to pull it out and get it ready so no pics yet but here is a picture of what the wood was originally intended for. I think it turned out pretty cute for someone who really had no idea what she was doing.  If anything there was a lesson learned...There's beauty in everything!





















My family got together for a reunion in Tennessee, I believe in 2009. I hope they don't scold me for forgetting what year it was but life happens and I'm getting old so I can't remember everything, okay!? It was so much fun!! We went to Dollywood that year so I incorporated that with the little photo and ticket on the last piece of wood.  I honestly don't even remember everything I did here but I know I used tacky glue spray to cover the wood with a piece of cardstock and then thumb tacks in the corners.  At the time, I thought the glue would hold it down but it started to curl on the corners.  Clearly I was a novice back then (and I am still winging it so no judgement, please!).  I didn't know what other kind of glue to use that wouldn't cause the paper to wrinkle. The top square has a photo of my grandparents, where it all started.  The middle had a photo of the person(s) I made it for (this one is mine, obviously).  The last one was left blank to fill with a photo of us as a group after this particular reunion, so a recent family picture, if you will.  I printed it and never put the group photo in there....because you know...it's just one of those unfinished projects I started and got side tracked with 100 other projects and....well, you know. (Laziness.  Pure laziness.) I made that last square capable of holding multiple family photos.  We have several because way back when....we always took group photos! We loved people pyramids.  No one was ever hurt doing them, as far as I can remember.  But man, we had a blast doing them! Remember, cousins?? I sure miss you guys.

Anyway...my idea for next week is to make one of these for my front door.  But I'd like it to be stars and stripes, USA, summery, party-time, happy and proud, and just glowing with FUN.  I need some more fun in my life. And I need something to hang on my front door during the summer. You may not have the materials to follow along but I will post the video on Facebook as well, so you can go back and watch later when you do get supplies, if this craft is something you want to try!  I will likely do some painting.  I've been keeping my eye out for embellishments but if I want to start this next week, I don't think I can order online because delivery has been taking a while. But I'm still considering the possibilities, so stay tuned!









As retail stores begin to open I will be able to go look for the things I would like to use...and right now my heart is set on Hobby Lobby opening on the 15th!! The dollar stores have remained open but I haven't gone to one since this pandemic started.  Just staying cautious, that's all.  But I do have a mask so come next Friday, if HL opens, guess who is on a mission!?!?

I hope you are following my Facebook page so you can catch the live video! Link here: Sambo's Crafts

On that page I will update when you can expect the live video as well as my shopping and gathering adventures!  I can't wait to get started!!

Thank you to those of you that have been following along so far!  Please feel free to comment here or on Facebook!  I would love to hear from you!!

Let's get crafty!!


No comments:

Post a Comment