Friday, August 14, 2020

Splatter Screen Pumpkin

 

Splatter Screen Pumpkin magic! That's what I say.  This is another craft that I saw on Pinterest and in some of the craft groups I follow.  I had to try it.  Dollar Tree splatter screens, leaves, metal 'welcome' sign, jute, flowers and a whole lotta fun! I'm in!! 

This was so easy and so stinkin' cute!! I bought 3 splatter screens and used Rustoleum rustic orange indoor/outdoor paint to coat the frame and the screen.


Once those dried, which didn't take long at all.  I initially hot glued a few spots to hold the screens together to form a pumpkin but as I started working with it, that glue didn't hold very well.  So, I wrapped the handles with jute, hot gluing it as I went.  I later put a few dabs of hot glue on the screens once again, just for stability.  I saw in other posts and pictures how some people took the two outside screen handles, flipped them so they were at the bottom and bent them backward to create a 'stand' so the piece could be displayed upright on a table or shelf.  Super cute! But I didn't see that until AFTER I made this.  Ha! Either way, I wanted to hang it on my front door so it worked out. 


For the center part, when I lined it, I just glued the glue right on top of the screen to make it look like it was lining the frame of the overlapping layers under it.  That worked out perfectly. Now it was time to place some leaves and flowers!  I loved the lighter colored flowers with the burlap petals on the inside! So cute and such a great accent!


Once I placed the flowers I decided to create a few little spiral vines coming off the stem of the pumpkin. You know those little green twirly thingys? What do you even call them? I had some green wire and decided to wind it around a pencil to create the spirals. Then I fed them into the twine, and twisted to secure them. 



Because I wanted this to hang on my door I knew I'd have to find a creative way to incorporate a 'hanger'.  So let me back up just a little.  Before I wrapped the stem of the pumpkin with jute, I created a loop to hang it from.  I wrapped the bottom of it around the base of the stem and then kept it centered while I continued to wrap the whole stem with another piece of jute.  The idea was to keep the piece for hanging secured in place for more stability.  I didn't want the pumpkin to teeter back and forth if the hanger wasn't secure.  Make sense? I added some green leaves around the base of the stem as well. 


I couldn't decide easily where I wanted to place the 'welcome' sign.  It's a little metal sign.  I also couldn't decide if I wanted to leave it raw metal or paint it. I decided to leave it raw.  I really liked doing this one and I hope you all like it too! It was simple, not too busy (like I usually tend to be with my crafts) and the perfect size for my front door! 



If you enjoyed this blog post, please check out some of my other posts with other cute, easy, inexpensive crafts that I've done.  My next blog will be another hanging pumpkin craft that I made using the Dollar Tree pumpkin wire wreath frame.  A little busier than this one but so, so cute!! 

Please share with your friends and family and be sure to check out my Facebook Craft Page for live videos and more!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and supporting me in my crafty adventures!! 

Happy Crafting, y'all!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment